What we are looking For
Lacoste Garden Center and Landscaping are looking for new landscape laborers. We need physically able energetic people that love accomplishing new and challenging tasks as a team on a daily basis. New applicants should love being outside/in the sun for extended periods and have either an interest in outdoor construction or native Manitoba/Zone 2-3 plants.
Requirements and Qualifications
• No experience required, all training to be done during work hrs/on site
• Must be comfortable working in +40 Celsius conditions during midsummer
• Must be capable of lifting 50lbs, employees must be in decent physical condition with the ability to do physical labour 8-12 hours daily
• Class 5 drivers license is required to meet at Lacoste and meet teams on work sites
• Strong communication skills; employees will be working as a team of 3 or 4 on a daily basis and will be responsible for completing tasks in groups
• Steel toed boots will not be provided; all other required safety materials to be provided by Lacoste
Our landscape laborers are the backbone of our landscaping department. On a daily basis, you can expect to learn and complete a wide variety of tasks while assisting our foreman and sub foreman in the completion of the day’s work/job. These include everything from laying sod/building landscape beds and planting plants to building patios/decks and fences.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Communicating with peers to ensure tasks are being completed efficiently
• Operating various tools – this job is labour heavy and applicants can expect to be using a wide variety of tools; from shovels and rakes to gas/electric power tools
• Provide delivery of various landscape materials from the street into the worksite to prep and work for installation
• Secure adherence to the company rules and safety regulations
Apply at our Job Fair on April 22nd, or by emailing email@example.com